Do you have experience working in a learning environment and want to work for a company that actively improves the lives of the individuals it serves? In the Teacher Associate role, you will be an important part of our commitment to serve others.
- Work one-on-one with an assigned student under the direction of a teacher and adjusts delivery of instruction and learning activities accordingly.
- Instruct students in a teacher’s absence, using the Behavior Management techniques to promote a smooth functioning classroom.
- Utilize various teaching techniques when working with students on a one-on-one basis.
- Monitor student’s learning behavior progress.
- Instruct students when a teacher is involved in a team meeting or parent conference.
- Keep on-going records of all students receiving one-on-one instruction and assists teachers and students in record keeping.
- Assist teachers on educational field trips.
- Participate as a member of the treatment team.
- Attend all staff meetings, and training opportunities provided by the agency.
- Use behavior management system effectively with all students and works effectively with teachers to resolve conflict situations.
- Support the teachers in the growth of student academic work.
- Provide for “On-Call” coverage on a rotating basis.
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Holds a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent (GED).
- Has met one of the following requirements.
- Holds an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Completed at least 60 semester hours of credit from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (excluding remedial coursework).
- Paraprofessional Certified
Why Join Us?
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Rewarding, complex work adding value to the organization’s mission alongside a great team of co-workers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have meaningful work for you – come join our team – Apply Today!