Millikin University has an immediate opening for an Acquisitions/Circulation Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Staley Library, this position will provide confidential administrative and budgetary support, responsible for library acquisitions processes, and provide circulation desk services. You may view a complete position description and minimum qualifications at www.millikin.edu/employment. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Two years of college or equivalent minimum required; associate’s or bachelor's degree preferred.
- One to three years' relevant experience required; work experience with budget management and in libraries preferred, and in an academic setting desirable.
- Computer proficiency required; working experience with library management systems preferred; must be an experienced and excellent user of word processing and other computer applications (Microsoft product experience preferred).
- Good interpersonal, supervisory, verbal, written, and basic math skills, along with customer/patron service skills required; must be timely, meticulous, and thorough with multiple details.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new things required; must be comfortable with a varied pace, overlapping tasks, and change.
- Demonstrated reliability and ability to work well both independently and with others as required.