McLean County Farm Bureau seeks a Business Manager to join our small office. The successful candidate’s primary responsible will be the daily office operations of our not-for profit and its affiliated organizations of McLean County Fair and McLean County Farm Bureau Foundation.
It is a full-time, in-office position in Bloomington. Primary work hours are regular weekday business hours except the weeks leading up to and during the fair. A couple weekend events may be required to attend throughout the year. Some daytime travel may be required a couple times a year.
A competitive salary will be provided with access to our benefits package, which includes insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life), 401(k) with company match, parental leave, paid time off, and paid company holidays.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of application, a current resume, up to one full page/bullet point listing of highlights/successes during their career.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with our bookkeeping service on HR related duties, accounts payables and receivables.
- Prepares financials for monthly and annual board meetings.
- Oversees workflow of non-fair events on the fairgrounds.
- Completes and submits local, state, and federal reports to maintain legal business documents.
- Oversees our county’s membership recordkeeping and dues renewal process.
- Coordinates the planning, registration and communication of county and statewide meetings, annual elections, and other member activities.
- Supervises our part-time membership secretary/receptionists.
- Recruits, hires, and supervises seasonal fair employees.
- Manages contracts with commercial exhibitors and food vendors for the fair.
- Manages the fair’s online ticket sales for the fair.
- Works directly with the manager and assistant manager to accomplish each organizations programs and activities.
- Ensures the office operates efficiently by maintaining agreements for office equipment, ordering supplies, processing mail, assisting members at the counter, and answering telephones.
- Minimum of an associate degree and two years office experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work with deadlines
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting software beneficial
- May be expected to lift objects up to 50 pounds
McLean County Farm Bureau is a membership organization that provides education and information to help farmers, while engaging with local government to advocate on agricultural issues. The Foundation supports the mission of the Farm Bureau. McLean County Fair is not-for-profit that conducts an annual county fair and hosts over 100 other events per year.